Epic Bike Rides of Australia & New Zealand - Lonely Planet
Hit the road with this collection of 200 epic bike rides across Australia and New Zealand. Cycle along Tasmania’s Bay of Fires Trail or pedal through the South Island's misty native forest on the Old Ghost Road. Featuring 50 first-person stories and a further 150 ideas for similar trips, you'll find inspiration for a lifetime of biking adventures.
Loop around Lake Burley Griffin for the ultimate tour of Canberra's arts and culture scene; descend through the gum forests of the Blue Mountains and discover the natural wonder of Sydney's backyard; explore the reclaimed Timber Trail in rural Waikato on the North Island; or enjoy a diverse and enchanting excursion along the South Island's Heaphy Track. Whether you're a seasoned cyclist or you're looking to embark on your first bikepacking holiday, you'll find expert tips and practical information including when to go and where to stay, to help make planning your trip a total breeze.
Inside Epic Bike Rides of Australia and New Zealand:
- Discover 50 first-person stories, plus a further 150 inspirational ideas for unforgettable bike rides in Australia and New Zealand
- Expert toolkit with travel knowledge and advice to help you get there including the best time to go, gear required, nearest town, where to stay, opening hours, suggestions for similar trips, and more
- Challenge level grading for each bike ride - easy, harder, epic - to determine the trails you wish to tackle
- Breathtaking photography of each destination's vast and impressive landscape. Plus illustrated maps of the core cycling trails
- Beautiful and vibrant book cover by New Zealand illustrator, Ross Murray
- Covers circuits, trails, loops and routes in: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales & Queensland; Northern Territory, South Australia & Western Australia; Tasmania & Victoria; North Island, New Zealand; South Island, New Zealand
Epic Bikes Rides of Australia and New Zealand is the ultimate travel inspiration for anyone dreaming of their next two-wheeled trip.