Soapmaking for Beginners - Ayako Umehara
The all-in-one guide to making 100% natural beauty and bath soaps at home!
This book makes it easy to create your own soaps using ingredients that you know and trust. Author Ayako Umehara is a certified herbal therapist, aromatherapy and Ayurveda instructor, and she shows you how to make your own soaps using pure and simple natural ingredients like olive oil, shea butter, rose hips, avocado, manuka honey and almonds as well as many and novel aromatic ingredients like Yuzu Matcha Mint, Lemon Eucalyptus and Salt, Seaweed and Clay.
The chapters in the book present 45 all-natural recipes using 100% pure essential oils and botanicals in the following categories:
- Soaps That Are Gentle on the Skin including Manuka Honey Soap, Plain Olive Oil Soap and Skim Milk Soap for Kids
- Soaps That Nourish the Skin and Body such as Avocado and Sweet Almond Soap, Grape Seed Soap and Sesame Spice Scrub Soap
- Soaps that Soothe for example Lavender Marble Soap, Rosemary Soap and Linden Flower and Honey Soap
- Natural Soaps for Everyday Use like Tea Tree Hand Soap and Baking Soda Paste for Cleaning
- Special Occasion and Seasonal Soaps such as Valentine's Sweet Soap and Christmas Ornament Soap
A special section introduces basic techniques for bar soaps using the Cold Process and Melt-and-Pour Process as well as liquid soaps and how to vary the type and quantity of plant oils used. An extensive reference section covers everything you need to know about natural and botanical additives: plant and essential oils, herbs, dried flowers and other natural ingredients.
For all your cleansing needs, Soapmaking for Beginners has got you covered--in suds!