DK Eyewitness New Zealand
Start packing for your next adventure to the far-flung island in the Pacific — New Zealand!
From the subtropical kauri forests of the North Island to the remote fjords of the South Island, New Zealand offers plenty of opportunities for adventure. Explore cultural cities, climb mammoth mountains, marvel at the icy-blue glacial lakes or spend an afternoon in idyllic vineyards.
Your travel book will help plan your trip to and experience New Zealand like no other. Inside the pages of Eyewitness New Zealand, you’ll find:
• A pick of New Zealand’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems.
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay.
• Detailed maps and walks to easily navigate the region.
• Expert advice and easy-to-follow itineraries.
• Color-coded chapters covering every part of New Zealand, from Northland to Southland, Auckland to Canterbury.
The land of the long cloud awaits! Whether you’re looking for a traditional Mauri experience, to immerse yourself in modern or historical New Zealand, or to go all out on outdoor adventures — this small country has it all. Your DK guide will help you find the best places to taste Mauri cuisine, point you to geothermal whirlpools, volcanoes and show you which cliffs are good to bungee off for the next adrenaline fix.
Bring planning and exploring New Zealand to life! With detailed breakdowns, expert advice, must-see sights, places to stay, hand-drawn illustrations, and stunning photography, this updated New Zealand travel guide ensures that your trip is unforgettable.